How a Shih Tzu Necklace Helped Me Carry My Dogs Everywhere
How a Shih Tzu Necklace Helped Me Carry My Dogs Everywhere
Last Tuesday, I was at the vet's office with Mochi and Butter, my two shih tzus. The woman next to me kept staring at my chest. Finally, she asked, "Is that your dog on your necklace?"
I looked down at my shih tzu necklace and smiled. "Sort of," I said. "It reminds me of them when I'm at work."
She nodded. "I need something like that. Where did you get it?"
The Problem: Finding Something That Actually Lasts
Here's the thing about dog jewelry. Most of it is garbage.
I've bought three necklaces before this one. The first one turned my neck green after two weeks. The second one broke when the clasp gave out while I was walking. The third one looked nothing like a shih tzu. It looked like a generic fluffy dog.
I gave up for a while. But every time I left for work, Mochi would sit by the door with those big eyes. I wanted something to remind me of him during my long shifts at the hospital.
How I Found Blingcharming
One night, I was scrolling through Instagram. An ad popped up showing this gothic cross pendant. I almost scrolled past it. Then I saw the comments.
Someone wrote: "I bought this for my daughter and she wears it every day. Still looks new after six months."
That caught my attention. Six months without tarnishing? I clicked through to learn more about the brand. They had different styles. Clean designs. Nothing too flashy.
I ordered the Wgoud Gothic Cross Pendant Choker. It wasn't specifically a dog necklace, but something about the design felt right. Simple. Solid. The kind of thing I could wear every day without worrying.
Key point: Check the metal quality before buying. Cheap jewelry uses plating that wears off fast.
The First Week
The package arrived on a Thursday. I opened it during my lunch break. The necklace felt heavier than I expected. That was a good sign.
I put it on immediately. The chain sat perfectly at collarbone length. Not too tight. Not too loose. I wore it for my entire 12-hour shift. No skin irritation. No green marks.
When I got home, Mochi jumped on me like always. His paw caught the chain. I held my breath. The clasp held. The chain didn't break.
That weekend, I wore it to:
- The gym (got sweaty, no tarnish)
- The shower (forgot to take it off, still shiny)
- Bed (slept in it by accident, no tangles)
Three Months Later
Here's what I learned about this shih tzu necklace journey. The necklace itself became my reminder. Not because it had a dog charm, but because I chose it while thinking about Mochi.
Every morning, I put it on. Every night, when I come home and see my dogs, I touch the pendant. It's my ritual now.
My coworker Sarah noticed. She said, "You never take that off, do you?"
I told her the whole story. She ordered one for herself. Different style, same brand. She has two cats.
What makes it work:
- The metal doesn't irritate sensitive skin
- The clasp actually stays closed
- It looks good with scrubs and regular clothes
- The chain length works for layering
Real Talk About Quality
I used to think expensive meant better. That's not always true. But super cheap usually means problems.
This necklace sits in the middle. Not luxury brand prices. Not dollar store quality either. You get what you pay for.
Check these things before you buy any necklace:
- Metal type (stainless steel lasts longer than plated metals)
- Clasp style (lobster clasps are stronger than spring rings)
- Chain thickness (thin chains break easier)
- Real buyer photos (not just the product shots)
Action step: Read reviews from people who've worn the jewelry for months, not days.
Two Specific Moments That Mattered
Moment one: I was having a terrible day at work. A patient coded. We did everything right, but we lost him. I went to the bathroom and cried. I touched my necklace and thought about Mochi waiting at home. It helped.
Moment two: My mom asked what I wanted for my birthday. I told her another necklace from the same brand. Different style this time. She got confused. "You already have one," she said. I explained that good jewelry is worth collecting when you find a brand that works.
What Changed
I stopped buying random jewelry. I started researching brands. I learned to spot quality markers. I invested in pieces I'd actually wear.
My shih tzu necklace taught me that. Not because it was perfect. But because it was reliable. It showed up every day, just like my dogs do.
Now when people ask me about jewelry, I tell them the same thing: Find something that means something. Make sure it's built to last. Wear it until it becomes part of you.
Back to the Vet's Office
That woman at the vet? I gave her the brand name. She ordered a different style. She sent me a photo two weeks later. Her wearing her new necklace. Her golden retriever in her lap.
She wrote: "Thank you. I get it now."
I get it too. A shih tzu necklace isn't just about dogs. It's about carrying what matters. Finding something solid in a world where most things break.
Mochi still sits by the door when I leave. But now I touch my necklace and smile. He's coming with me. In the way that counts.
Final thought: Do your research. Compare options. Check reviews. Then buy something that'll last. Your future self will thank you.
评论
发表评论